Skilar Morris of Roxbury is charged with assault and battery by means of a dangerous weapon (knife).
A 30-year-old woman was arrested for allegedly stabbing another woman in Dorchester Wednesday evening, according to the Boston Police Department.
Shortly after 5 p.m., Boston police responded to a report of a fight in the area of 500 Geneva Avenue. Upon arrival, they discovered an adult female victim suffering from a stab wound, which has since been ruled non-life-threatening. The victim was transported to a local hospital for her injuries.
Skilar Morris of Roxbury was arrested following an investigation. She is charged with assault and battery by means of a dangerous weapon, police said.
Morris pleaded not guilty at her arraignment Thursday, The Boston Globe reported. She was ordered held at the Suffolk County Jail in lieu of $10,000 cash bail, according to the Globe. Her next court appearance is Feb. 1.
Stay up to date on all the latest news from Boston.com
- New emergency rule bans fishermen from parts of Massachusetts Bay for 3 months
- What exactly is wind chill, and how is it calculated? Boston braces for arctic blast.
- Man sprints across Mass. highway to stop woman’s runaway car
- Three concerning trends keep sprouting up during the Bruins’ losing streak
- Body of 96-year-old woman found in Chicago garage freezer