Weymouth man identified as Theater District shooting victim
The shooting happened outside a hotel in a neighborhood filled with entertainment venues.
Boston police have identified the Weymouth man who died following a recent shooting in the city’s Theater District.
Officers responded to 240 Tremont St. shortly after 9 p.m. on Dec. 11 and found 34-year-old Branden P. Barrett suffering from a gunshot wound. Barrett was taken to a local hospital and later pronounced dead, Boston police said in a news release.
His manner of death was ruled a homicide following an autopsy on Sunday, police said.
Surveillance video from the scene outside the Moxy Boston Downtown hotel showed three men walking toward each other, with one pulling a gun and firing at the others. Another man then pulled out a gun and fired at the original gunman, hitting him.
Boston police continue to investigate the incident and urged anyone with information to contact homicide detectives at 617-343-4470. Community members can also help anonymously by calling the CrimeStoppers Tip Line at 1-800-494-TIPS or by texting the word “TIP” to CRIME (27463).
Stay up to date on all the latest news from Boston.com
- New emergency rule bans fishermen from parts of Massachusetts Bay for 3 months
- What exactly is wind chill, and how is it calculated? Boston braces for arctic blast.
- Man sprints across Mass. highway to stop woman’s runaway car
- Three concerning trends keep sprouting up during the Bruins’ losing streak
- Body of 96-year-old woman found in Chicago garage freezer