West Newbury goats saved from barn fire must think local firefighters are the G.O.A.T.
The fire started in a compost bin adjacent to the barn.
An alpaca and goat barn in West Newbury caught fire last night, but all of the animals inside at the time remain unharmed thanks to the West Newbury Fire Department, according to a press release.
WNFD responded to calls of a fire at 74 Maple St. around 8:30 p.m. last night. When they arrived on scene they found the barn, which had goats inside at the time, had caught on fire.
The crew quickly doused the fire, saving the goats. No alpacas were in the barn.
Firefighters later determined the fire started in a compost bin adjacent to the barn.
The neighboring Groveland Fire Department provided damage assessment assistance. It found that the outside shingles of the barn were the only part that caught fire, but there was water damage inside from the rescue.
Georgetown, Newburyport, and Merrimac Fire Departments also provided assistance.
Stay up to date on all the latest news from Boston.com
- New emergency rule bans fishermen from parts of Massachusetts Bay for 3 months
- What exactly is wind chill, and how is it calculated? Boston braces for arctic blast.
- Man sprints across Mass. highway to stop woman’s runaway car
- Three concerning trends keep sprouting up during the Bruins’ losing streak
- Body of 96-year-old woman found in Chicago garage freezer