Swampscott chiropractor accused of indecently assaulting patient
Dr. Ilan S. Amar, who owns A Touch of Health at 444 Humphrey St., turned himself in on an arrest warrant.
A Swampscott chiropractor is accused of indecently assaulting a patient during an appointment.
Dr. Ilan S. Amar, who owns A Touch of Health at 444 Humphrey St., turned himself in on an arrest warrant, according to the Essex District Attorney’s Office. He was arraigned Tuesday in Peabody District Court on charges of indecent assault and battery and assault and battery.
Judge Matthew Nestor released him on personal recognizance — he was ordered to stay away from and have no contact with the alleged victim and to not practice chiropractic medicine.
On Dec. 5, a 31-year-old woman reported to police that Amar had indecently assaulted her during a treatment session, officials said. No other details were provided in the district attorney’s office’s release, and Nestor impounded the police report at the request of the assistant district attorney.
Swampscott police are continuing to investigate the allegations, and anyone with information is asked to contact the department’s Criminal Investigation Division at 781-595-1111.
The case is due back in court March 8, 2023, for a pre-trial hearing.
Stay up to date on all the latest news from Boston.com
- New emergency rule bans fishermen from parts of Massachusetts Bay for 3 months
- What exactly is wind chill, and how is it calculated? Boston braces for arctic blast.
- Man sprints across Mass. highway to stop woman’s runaway car
- Three concerning trends keep sprouting up during the Bruins’ losing streak
- Body of 96-year-old woman found in Chicago garage freezer