N.H. city ranked among the best in U.S. for first-time home buyers
Real Estate News
Only two New England communities made the list.
Realtor.com has named Somersworth, N.H., one of the best spots in the nation for first-time home buyers.
The rankings, released Wednesday, place the city north of Dover and along the Maine border at No. 10. Somersworth had a population just north of 12,000 in 2021, per U.S. Census estimates, and a median home price of $372,737, a 17.3% increase year over year, according to Zillow.
The best markets were chosen for the number of listings, length of commute, restaurant options, age of residents, affordability, and strength of the housing market. Somersworth topped the list for proximity to restaurants.
There were the top 10:
25 to 35 year olds
|3||Windsor Locks, Conn.||12.6%||8.5%|
|4||Gloucester City, N.J.||13.6%||5.7%|
“In terms of price growth, Somersworth, N.H. is located within the Boston metro area, which is expected to have the highest growth in 2023 among the 10 places on our list (+9.5%), followed closely by the Madison metro area containing DeForest, Wisc.(+9.0%),” the report states.
Get the latest news on buying, selling, renting, home design, and more.
- New emergency rule bans fishermen from parts of Massachusetts Bay for 3 months
- What exactly is wind chill, and how is it calculated? Boston braces for arctic blast.
- Man sprints across Mass. highway to stop woman’s runaway car
- Three concerning trends keep sprouting up during the Bruins’ losing streak
- Body of 96-year-old woman found in Chicago garage freezer