Mass. reports 9,360 COVID-19 cases and 142 deaths from the past week
Peter Tanner, 3 months ago 2 min read 28
The seven-day average of positive test results dropped from 13.39% to 12.25%.
The Massachusetts Department of Public Health is no longer releasing daily COVID-19 reports. The following report represents seven days of data beginning Thursday, January 5.
Newly reported cases: 9,360
Total confirmed cases: 1,987,672
Newly reported deaths: 142
Total confirmed deaths: 21,533
Newly reported tests: 82,854
Total tests: 49,126,882
Percent positivity (seven-day average): 12.25%
Hospitalized patients: 1,250
Hospitalized patients who are fully vaccinated: 788
Hospitalized patients who are primarily hospitalized for COVID-19 related illness: 409
ICU patients: 119
Intubated patients: 46
View an interactive version of the state’s dashboard here.
Stay up to date on all the latest news from Boston.com
- New emergency rule bans fishermen from parts of Massachusetts Bay for 3 months
- What exactly is wind chill, and how is it calculated? Boston braces for arctic blast.
- Man sprints across Mass. highway to stop woman’s runaway car
- Three concerning trends keep sprouting up during the Bruins’ losing streak
- Body of 96-year-old woman found in Chicago garage freezer