Mass. reports 9,216 COVID-19 cases and 96 deaths from the past week
Peter Tanner, 5 months ago 2 min read 35
The seven-day average of positive test results continues to climb from 8.68% to 9.58%.
The Massachusetts Department of Public Health is no longer releasing daily COVID-19 reports. The following report represents seven days of data beginning Thursday, December 15.
Newly reported cases: 9,216
Total confirmed cases: 1,959,910
Newly reported deaths: 96
Total confirmed deaths: 21,149
Newly reported tests: 104,324
Total tests: 48,880,560
Percent positivity (seven-day average): 9.58%
Hospitalized patients: 908
Hospitalized patients who are fully vaccinated: 568
Hospitalized patients who are primarily hospitalized for COVID-19 related illness: 285
ICU patients: 101
Intubated patients: 38
View an interactive version of the state’s dashboard here.
Stay up to date on all the latest news from Boston.com
- New emergency rule bans fishermen from parts of Massachusetts Bay for 3 months
- What exactly is wind chill, and how is it calculated? Boston braces for arctic blast.
- Man sprints across Mass. highway to stop woman’s runaway car
- Three concerning trends keep sprouting up during the Bruins’ losing streak
- Body of 96-year-old woman found in Chicago garage freezer