Mass. reports 6,623 COVID-19 cases and 57 deaths from the past week
Peter Tanner, 7 months ago 1 min read 63
Deaths increased from 49 to 57, but the seven-day average of positive test results dropped from 7.61% to 7.13%.
The Massachusetts Department of Public Health will no longer release daily COVID-19 reports. The following report represents seven days of data beginning Thursday, September 1.
Newly reported cases: 6,623
Total confirmed cases: 1,852,576
Newly reported deaths: 57
Total confirmed deaths: 20,169
Newly reported tests: 102,127
Total tests: 47,257,622
Percent positivity (seven-day average): 7.13%
Hospitalized patients: 573
Hospitalized patients who are fully vaccinated: 347
Hospitalized patients who are primarily hospitalized for COVID-19 related illness: 166
ICU patients: 55
Intubated patients: 17
View an interactive version of the state’s dashboard here.
Stay up to date on all the latest news from Boston.com
- New emergency rule bans fishermen from parts of Massachusetts Bay for 3 months
- What exactly is wind chill, and how is it calculated? Boston braces for arctic blast.
- Man sprints across Mass. highway to stop woman’s runaway car
- Three concerning trends keep sprouting up during the Bruins’ losing streak
- Body of 96-year-old woman found in Chicago garage freezer