Man reportedly armed with machete shot and killed by Cambridge police, officials say
The shooting happened Wednesday afternoon near Chestnut Street.
The Middlesex County District Attorney’s Office is investigating a fatal officer-involved shooting that happened in Cambridge Wednesday afternoon.
The City of Cambridge said in a news release that the shooting happened near Chestnut Street. The officer shot a man who investigators believe was armed with a machete.
Police officers reportedly provided medical assistance at the scene before the man was taken to a nearby hospital, where he died.
Authorities are still in the early stages of their investigation, which is being led by the DA’s Office, the City said.
No further information has been released, but the City said they would provide updates on the investigation as it progresses.
Stay up to date on all the latest news from Boston.com
- New emergency rule bans fishermen from parts of Massachusetts Bay for 3 months
- What exactly is wind chill, and how is it calculated? Boston braces for arctic blast.
- Man sprints across Mass. highway to stop woman’s runaway car
- Three concerning trends keep sprouting up during the Bruins’ losing streak
- Body of 96-year-old woman found in Chicago garage freezer