Man hospitalized after box of decorations falls through Market Basket ceiling
“This incident is being thoroughly reviewed.”
A 49-year-old man was hospitalized Tuesday morning after being struck by a box of decorations that fell through a Market Basket ceiling. According to the Middleton Fire Department, the injuries are considered non-life-threatening.
Emergency services arrived at the grocery store’s Middleton location shortly before 9:45, after a box of decorations “fell in close proximity to two customers,” a spokesperson for Market Basket said. The second customer was given precautionary medical treatment.
It is believed that someone knocked over the box of decorations, which was sitting on a stack of plywood in the store’s attic. The box then fell through the ceiling, striking the customer.
“This incident is being thoroughly reviewed,” the spokesperson said.
Stay up to date on all the latest news from Boston.com
- New emergency rule bans fishermen from parts of Massachusetts Bay for 3 months
- What exactly is wind chill, and how is it calculated? Boston braces for arctic blast.
- Man sprints across Mass. highway to stop woman’s runaway car
- Three concerning trends keep sprouting up during the Bruins’ losing streak
- Body of 96-year-old woman found in Chicago garage freezer