Jaylen Brown, Al Horford out against Heat
The Celtics will be very shorthanded against the Heat on Tuesday
The Celtics will be without four key players on Tuesday night as they take on the Heat in Miami.
Jaylen Brown is taking a day off to manage his right adductor strain. Al Horford will miss the game with lower back stiffness. Marcus Smart is out for the second consecutive game with a sprained right ankle. Malcolm Brogdon is out for personal reasons.
Danilo Gallinari, who is recovering from a torn ACL, is also listed as out.
The Celtics are coming off a 113-98 loss to the Orlando Magic, which snapped Boston’s NBA-best nine-game win streak Monday night.
The Heat have won five of their last seven games, including a pair of wins against Milwaukee.
Miami will be without Nikola Jovic [lower back], Duncan Robinson [finger], and Omer Yurtseven [ankle].
Sign up for Celtics updates🏀
Get breaking news and analysis delivered to your inbox during basketball season.
- New emergency rule bans fishermen from parts of Massachusetts Bay for 3 months
- What exactly is wind chill, and how is it calculated? Boston braces for arctic blast.
- Man sprints across Mass. highway to stop woman’s runaway car
- Three concerning trends keep sprouting up during the Bruins’ losing streak
- Body of 96-year-old woman found in Chicago garage freezer