How you can snag $20 round-trip tickets
New England Travel
The discount is valid for January travel.
Travelers can kick off the new year exploring New England by train — for less money — with Amtrak’s $20 round-trip fare sale.
Amtrak is celebrating 21 years of service on the Amtrak Downeaster, a 146-mile regional passenger train service that services 12 stations between Boston and Brunswick, Maine, by offering $20 round-trip fares. The sale, which began Thursday, is valid for travel Jan. 1 through Jan. 31, 2023.
More than 8.4 million riders have traveled on the Downeaster since service began on Dec. 15, 2001, according to Amtrak. In the past year, the Downeaster has served more than 467,000 passengers, a 35% increase over the previous year, the company reported.
“If you already love the Downeaster, or if you’ve haven’t ridden yet, these $20 Round-Trip fares make January the perfect time to take the train,” Taylor Belanger, marketing director for the Northern New England Passenger Rail Authority (NNEPRA), said in a statement.
The discounted fares will be sold through Jan. 28, are valid for coach seats only, and reservations must be purchased three days in advance of the trip.
Travelers must use the promotion code v520 when booking tickets on amtrakdowneaster.com.
Need weekend plans?
The best things to do around the city, delivered to your inbox.
- New emergency rule bans fishermen from parts of Massachusetts Bay for 3 months
- What exactly is wind chill, and how is it calculated? Boston braces for arctic blast.
- Man sprints across Mass. highway to stop woman’s runaway car
- Three concerning trends keep sprouting up during the Bruins’ losing streak
- Body of 96-year-old woman found in Chicago garage freezer