Car crashes into Roslindale building, BFD warns public to stay away
Peter Tanner, 6 months ago 3 min read 72
The building was evacuated and the driver of the car was taken away by emergency services.
A block of stores was damaged in Roslindale after a car crashed into the storefront, according to officials.
The Boston Fire Department released an image and information about the crash via Twitter. The driver of the car was transported for medical care by emergency services, according to the post, and the building was evacuated due to concerns about a potential collapse.
A later tweet showed Boston fire personnel monitoring the building with a laser.
“We are waiting on a structural engineer to arrive,” read the post.
They are also recommending that the public avoid the area of the collapse for the time being.
Stay up to date on all the latest news from Boston.com
- New emergency rule bans fishermen from parts of Massachusetts Bay for 3 months
- What exactly is wind chill, and how is it calculated? Boston braces for arctic blast.
- Man sprints across Mass. highway to stop woman’s runaway car
- Three concerning trends keep sprouting up during the Bruins’ losing streak
- Body of 96-year-old woman found in Chicago garage freezer