BU police seek woman in stabbing on Commonwealth Avenue
The woman is described as Asian with black shoulder-length hair.
Boston University police are asking for the public’s help in finding a woman who allegedly stabbed a person on Commonwealth Avenue on Thursday night.
BU police tweeted a plea saying they were investigating the stabbing, which happened just before 8:30 p.m. at 855 Commonwealth Ave. Upon arrival, police found a person suffering from non-life-threatening injuries.
Investigators said they had identified the suspect as a 35-year-old Asian woman with a slim build and shoulder-length black hair. Police said the suspect fled from the scene after the stabbing, and they don’t believe she’s on the B.U. campus.
Police said there is no threat to the public. Investigators believe the suspect and the victim knew each other.
Tips can be sent to the Boston University Police Department at 617-353-2121.
Stay up to date on all the latest news from Boston.com
- New emergency rule bans fishermen from parts of Massachusetts Bay for 3 months
- What exactly is wind chill, and how is it calculated? Boston braces for arctic blast.
- Man sprints across Mass. highway to stop woman’s runaway car
- Three concerning trends keep sprouting up during the Bruins’ losing streak
- Body of 96-year-old woman found in Chicago garage freezer