“An Uber, Lyft, or taxi cost much less than an OUI arrest, not to mention the car repairs this vehicle will need.”
Whitman police are once again reminding the public of the dangers of drinking and driving after a man was reportedly intoxicated and driving a vehicle that was missing its front passenger side wheel.
The department received a call last weekend about someone driving erratically northbound along Route 18 in Whitman.
Police said sparks were shooting from the vehicle’s rim as the driver continued on down the road. Officers soon stopped him, determined that he was intoxicated, and placed him in custody, according to police.
The driver reportedly told police that he was “just trying to get home.”
“Well, lots of other sober and innocent people are trying to get home too,” the department wrote in a Facebook post.
“Please, please, please, DO NOT DRIVE if you have been drinking,” Whitman police continued. “An Uber, Lyft, or taxi cost much less than an OUI arrest, not to mention the car repairs this vehicle will need.”
No injuries were reported as a result of this incident.
Stay up to date on all the latest news from Boston.com
- New emergency rule bans fishermen from parts of Massachusetts Bay for 3 months
- What exactly is wind chill, and how is it calculated? Boston braces for arctic blast.
- Man sprints across Mass. highway to stop woman’s runaway car
- Three concerning trends keep sprouting up during the Bruins’ losing streak
- Body of 96-year-old woman found in Chicago garage freezer